Important Upcoming Events
It is hard to believe that it is already February! That pesky groundhog saw his shadow, which means 6 more weeks of winter! Oh, my! This month we will be celebrating February birthdays and Valentine's Day on Thursday, February 13th as we do not have school on either Friday, February 14th, Monday February 17th, or Tuesday, February 18th. The party will take place from 9:45 AM-10:45 AM on Thursday, February 13th. Please have your child create or purchase valentines for each member of his or her home room class. I have included the Valentine's day note and class list here that I sent home last week. Please have your child bring in these valentines completed to class by Tuesday, February 11th. I have received some notes regarding people willing to send in items for the party. If you are willing to send in additional items, please either comment to this blog post or send me an email at bean_DA@elps.us .
1) Clearly mark your child's name on each item of winter clothing.
2) Remind your children to neatly line up boots and shoes directly in front of their lockers.
3. Check the lost and found if any items go missing. The lost and found is located between the gym and the cafeteria along the windows by the doors to the parking lot.
4. Remind children to shove gloves, hats, scarves, and other loose clothing item into the sleeves of their jackets so that they will not fall to the ground and be lost.
2) Math Night #2 will take place on Thursday, February 27th.
3) I am still in need of parents to come in and help edit animal books this week. If you are available Tuesday, Wednesday, or Friday from 2:30-3:30 or Thursday from 10:35-11:25 please comment to this post or send me an e-mail to let me know you are coming! :)
Thank you so much for your support!